Food Post: Mmm. A Taste from the Past!

Have you ever had a snack when you were a child and then not have it again until fourteen years later? Well, I have just come across this experience. The picture above is a chinese snack and the English name roughly translated is Dates and Walnut candy. It's really healty and made witth actual walnuts. Big pieces! Not like walnut poder or crumbles of walnuts. Chewy and delicious. I had this candy when I was really young around six or seven and then never had the honor of having it again until now. My mom bought a bag, and we shared a few pieces and boy did it bring back memories! Childhood memories, bitter and sweet ones. It just feels so good to have a taste from the past. I never knew why we stopped buying this snack. Maybe we got tired of it or eating too much was bad for your health. However, eating the candy now just brings back so many faces, voices, and tears of those childhood days. How one piece of candy could make me so happy back then.

The candy wrapping paper is very pretty too! They come in blue, green and yellow. I remember how I loved to stick the paper up to my eyes and just look through my surroundings in different shades. Isn't that what life is all about? Being able to see and accept the world in different hues and shades every single day?

Comments

Popular Posts