Haruki Murakami: A Legend



Haruki Murakami is the most amazing author I've ever come across. I still remember clearly when I first found out about him in my college creative writing class while we were reading fiction. The first piece I read by him was Super- Frog Saves Tokyo. His writing style and technique caught me on the first sentence. He pulls the reader right in with the first sentence having the reader begging to more and not be able to put it down until it's finished. 

I think the reason that I am such a huge fan and nerd of his work is because his dialogue and details are so down to earth and anyone could connect to them. The situations in his works can happen to anyone at anytime. He reminds me greatly of John Steinbeck. His use of realism is so frightening haunting in each novel. I love his choice of music that he brings up in the book. His writing and dialogue is so insightful. 

I think it's his way telling the stories. Most of his novels revolve around self-discovery from the main character's point of view. It's a learning process, a discovering process, a journey that opens one's eyes in life after reading one of his books. You are the main character themselves, facing the same hardships as them and being enlightened and more experienced on views in life on each page. 

Haruki Murakami is a legend in my opinion. I am working on buying all his books one day! I want to be able to be like him as such a sophisticated and yet humble author. :) Those who never read his books should. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, Japan, and upon finding such an amazing author, I love Japan more. 

Comments

Popular Posts