To see if hearts will still sense each other...




One of my best friends chose to disconnect and take a break from the net recently. I envy him because as a writer I cannot imagine living without my ipod, my phone, my laptop because I must feel inspired at anytime when I am writing. However, that may only be my own excuses who knows. I hope from here that no matter what he is doing now that he is well and at peace. :). Do you hear that Jamie?! >: O.

Jams and I have been friends for a long time. I would never forget how we met and how it went from there. It's been several years and though we've had our ups and downs in the beginning and nearly lost what we shared, we still managed to reconnect with each other. We only talk on skype, but usually we email each other a lot and sometimes we write letters and mail them to each other. We talk of everything and have a lot in common. It's not easy to find someone to be able to be friends like we are.

I find that you don't need too many friends, like some people have over a thousand friends on facebook. But how many do you really talk to and how many are really your friends? Not too many I suppose. I am not afraid to say that I have only four or five close friends that have we have really gone through rough patches in life together, watched each other get scrapped and survived.

Friends are not only meant to be there when you are flourishing in success but also when you are in a difficult time in life. Those who never leave or disappear in times of need and glory are true friends. They are the ones who can enjoy the sweetness and bitterness of life with you.

Heart to heart conversations are not easy to have anymore. But with Jamie and the few other close friends I have....it is possible. I am always thinking of them every day despite not talking to them much or like Jamie, chosen to step back from the net for a few days. It feels kinda lonely and disconnected from them but I believe that my heart can connect with him, its with him even though we aren't talking because it's hard to explain but I can just have that feeling.

The feeling that I can feel him on the other side of the world working on his path and life. I only hope each day for him goes well and he is making progress. He keeps hanging in there. That goes for my other friends as well. Always.

Comments

Popular Posts