Wishbones



Call me stupid or slow. But I never knew there was such things as wishbones from chickens! Until my coworker at work who was pulling chickens came up to me holding out a wishbone. I looked at him strangely and he said to make a wish but don't say it and then pull on one side until it snapped while he held the other! 

I lost the first time but I had wished for things to go well for the guy and I. He said that even thought I lost his wish was for my wish to come true. Sometimes he can be a pain in the butt but usually he is quite a nice guy. He's just overly blunt but that is not a bad thing at times, it's just how he is. 

He gave me another wishbone later on and I finally won and I do hope my wish will come true. 

So here is a little informative on wishbones and the symbolization behind it:

-----------------------------------------
wish·bone
ˈwiSHˌbōn/
noun
plural noun: wishbones
  1. 1.
    a forked bone (the furcula) between the neck and breast of a bird. According to a popular custom, this bone from a cooked bird is broken by two people, with the holder of the longer portion being entitled to make a wish.
2.
an object of similar shape to a wishbone, in particular.


Wishbone usually stands for a wish or desire. If the wishbone is unbroken it means the wish will be fulfilled in the near future. If the wishbone is broken or cracked, but all of the pieces are still there the wish will eventually come true. However if the wishbone is broken and a piece is missing, it means your wish will go un-granted.
-------------------------------------------------

I've never heard about this but it's surely interesting,  I wish there were enough wishbones to go all around for everyone in the world and they can make wishes for what they need the most and what the world needs the most which is peace. 

If I could find another wishbone, I will wish that I can help a dear friend of mine. We should waste wishes on material things but on things that will make the world a better place, wishing for the wellbeing for our closest family and friends, wishing for happiness, and bliss for those in distress, wishing for world pace, for equality and for fairness with no separation of class, nor discrimination. 

Comments

Popular Posts