Childhood Memories- Do You Guys Remember These?


Do you guys still remember these two bad boys?

I don't know about you guys but these two items were what accompanied me in times of boredom and when I didn't have anything to satisfy my urges for a snack. My aunt would have a set of play-doh one of her kids bought for her to keep around whenever her grandchildren or I came over to visit. I remember playing with play-doh in her basement on hot summer days when I was around nine or ten years old. It was very entertaining for me. I would spend hours molding the clay into hamburgers and human figures. It kept me busy for hours and very fun.

I would choose to play with play-doh than play with a computer or electronic devicce any day and if I someday do have kids. I would rather they play with play-doh than electronic devices. I want them to experience what I went through and to learn to be creative, work with their hands, and communicate with family than face a lifeless electronic device all day.

This Fruit Stripe gum is the first gum I'd ever had as a kid. I will never forget my astonishment at how one little piece of candy could have so many colors and flavors packed in it. And to come across it suddenly in a store is even more rare. I thought it had gone extinct. Haha. I still remember whenever we went to the store, I would call the gum, 'zebra gum!' because it really does look like a colorful zebra. Life is full of different flavors as well: one moment things are sour, another sweet, one moment bland, another spicy. This gum showed me that and will always bring back memories of my childhood.

Anyways- I thought these two items were extinct but it's good to know that they are both around and still popular among children and the public which is always a pleasure to know.


Comments

Popular Posts