Creative People Have It Hardest




One of my friends is going through a rough time at work and his situation made me want to write a blog post on the matter myself since I am also within that same field. I feel that out of all the professions and types of fields out there for people to choose to go into and study…the arts field has the people with the most personality and sharpest minds.

People who study arts are creative, inspirational, wacky, and sharp. They have the most open minds and hearts that I have ever met. They have the most intense amount of knowledge on the craziest things and they are deep thinkers who tend to not be very talkative because they spend most time in their heads (That’s how I am anyway)! Their morals and opinions are a different plane of others. These creative artists sound pretty amazing and nice to be around right?

Wrong! The one thing creative people can never stand is having someone who is pushy, bossy, and insults them. Creative people are human too! They use their brains as much as any other person and every piece of work they do they put their soul and heart into. Yes, those in the creative field are taught to learn to accept reviews, harsh critiques because its all a part of being an artist. 

However, I feel there is a line between being pushy, demanding, bossy, insulting and being just down right having pleasure in insulting and pushy towards someone you see as a threat to you. Artists are often feared for their fearlessness, for how sharp-witted they are, for how willing they are to experiment, for how much they want to share ideas. And unfortunately bosses do not like being told what to do or how to do it the other way around.

And at a certain point, you just feel like the creative field is not the right field anymore or you may be starting to question whether if you picked the right field or not. If this was what you fell in love with at the start of your journey, I can tell you that it is what you fell in love with doing but you don’t feel it anymore because of the effect of others. Those insults, those attitudes that you get from bosses act as a way of pushing you down and making you seem worthless. It makes you can’t help but feel this is no longer the right field to be in.

What I can say is to not let that passion go out, to not let people who don’t want to see you reach a high point push you down so easily, to not doubt or question yourself. You will find that fiery passion again in a different job, setting, a different sky, a different city, a different boss even.


This is why I don’t want to work for a firm or agency as a copywriter or something. I’ve always had a stubborn attitude of doing things my way, writing things in my style. I just feel like a wild stallion with conflicting ideas and views of others. I like to go my own way and do my own writing though I am know it will be impossible for me to find a job or keep one for long with that rogue nature in me. I can’t help it.

Comments

Popular Posts