Differences in American Music Versus Asian Music



Music is an amazing gift that the world has given us. We need to be grateful to the amazing sounds and lyrics that musicians and songwriters introduced to us and opened our ears to. Every different country's music range from rap to country to hip-hop, or pure nonsense. I just want to focus on american and asian music today. 

I have always loved American and asian music since I was a child. I always turn to American music when I am bored and want to clear my head. Why is this? Because American music regardless of genre it gives me a very free and mellow feeling. The instruments that are usually used in american music also gives off a very upbeat energy which is why so many people love it. It motivates people to get up and dance. American music is very simple regardless if it is lyrics or rhythm to me. I mostly listen to pop, rock, alternative rock, indie, country, and sometimes blues. People tend to love the rhythm of the music rather than the lyrics. The lyrics are simple and to the point. Depending on what I listen to - it always seems to give me an extra kick when I am slowing down or an extra push to do better at times. It puts you in a certain beat and you just keep going and going with it.  It leaves you a rhythm that lingers on your mind and leaves you humming the song hours after listening to it. 

Asian music is a 360 degree turn around for me. Asian music always will hold a higher place in my heart than american music does. The reason being first is the type of instruments used such as zithers, flutes, Er Wu, and pipa. It just pulls me back to the historical eras of ancient china and makes me think of all the history, the people, and beauty of it back then. I love how it soothes me of any stress I have, calms me, and makes me feel stronger. Unlike american music, asian music regardless if it is japanese, korean, chinese, or other language-- all the lyrics are written to sound like a poem. It's very lyrical and heartbreaking. That is why I love it and it reminds me of my own past and life very much. Many of the times the lyrics are actually from ancient poems turned into more modern verses and it just gives you a taste of the asian heritage. It leaves a haunting, lingering feeling on your mind after listening to a song. 

If I must summarize the comparisons of both type of musics, american music is more straight forth and open there is boldness and power. I am not saying asian music does not offer that but its approach is much more lyrical, moral based, and philosophical. Both types of music drag you into world where you can get lost in and that is why music is a blessing we shouldn't take for lightly.

Comments

Popular Posts