Starting Today--I'll be interpreting quotes for fun



"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." - Joseph Conrad 

Joseph Conrad is one of my favorite authors for a number of reasons but most of all my love grew for him when I read Heart of Darkness by him. I remembered his writing was very dense and dull. When we read it for a literature class, I couldn't even get past the first page. There was no pause for an entire page. It was suffocating. However, when my professor broke it down for us and I read it again. It made sense and opened my eyes. He isn't an easy read but I would definitely read Heart of Darkness again anytime. 

Onto the quote. My take on this is that believing in a supernatural force of evil isn't required of everyone. You can choose to believe in demons or not, believe in satan or not, believe in evil or not. However, evil is all around us, not always just supernatural. Humans are evil in their own ways without knowing it, animals are, and anything that lives and breaths. Evil is born from our own crooked thoughts and emotions, from our mentality. Men (humans) are capable of anything, murder, rape, pranks, bullying, war, discrimination, anything and everything is done by man more than by supernatural forces. 

Don't blame supernatural sources for being evil or are evil. They wouldn't if they weren't born from what man has done. Evil supernatural beings feed on that negativity on man and repeats the same acts as man. Man are the really evil beings. 


Comments

Popular Posts