Ideal Life




What is your most ideal life? What kind of life had you always dreamt of having since you were a child? Has it ever changed due to your growth and progression of time?

I can bravely say that as children regardless of sex, we all wished to live in a big house with pets and filled with people that love us and be a doctor or lawyer and earn lots of money. I do feel that is the most common childhood dream we have and are influenced by family, media, and teachers to do. Not only that, but children want to do something big and explosive with their lives, they fantasize about being a hero like figure such as a doctor, a police officer, or lawyer, etc. Because becoming any of these occupations is what society teaches us to reach for, it’s not wrong but it adds a lot of unnecessary stress and pressure to children. It’s not wrong to dream about becoming these figures but not everyone can make it or they change their path too many times until they find what they really want.

How many times have you changed your dream about your ideal life? How many times have you fallen down and given up on your ideal life but managed to find a passion in something you never thought you had? These are questions that we should ask ourselves on a regular basis. 

As for me, I feel that I have fallen down many times because of trying to satisfy the expectations of family and society. I have prodded and poked around what my ideal life looked like from wanting to be politician, to a teacher, to a psychologist, to joining the military, to a doctor. However, one thing I always knew yet didn’t want to accept was my ideal life was always perfectly clear to me but I just chose to run from it more than once.

My ideal life is to be a writer and write tons of books to enlighten and have an influence on my audience through words. I have no wish to own a lot of stuff nor have a big house or lots of money. I feel just making enough to get me through each month, each year is enough for me. I don’t want to reach for I cannot and draw attention to myself. It’s very simple and a simple life is what I want. As long as I have a notebook, pens, my laptop, and a working phone, I don’t think I need anything else for my job. I don’t want to live in big cities nor a mansion. I only want to reside by the countryside in a comfortable house and be one with nature away from people. I wouldn’t mind if I had to farm and raise animals to make a living. I am willing to help anyone, listen to anyone about their problems, and be there as support whenever needed and that will satisfy me for a long time. That is my ideal life and what I always wanted.

I’ve been told that being a writer is no different than starving to death and that was why I had been unwilling to embrace that passion and ideal life fully. However, I chose to not run anymore even if I have to work extra jobs just to meet ends meet. I will do so because I want to reach my ideal lifestyle that I know is waiting for me somewhere.


Now feel free to discuss what your ideal lifestyle is and what you did to get to it if you want or just comment in general. Remember to never force yourself to live up to society and family expectation but to live up to only your own expectations. Live for yourself and not for someone else as selfish as that sounds.

Comments

Popular Posts