Catching Back Up: Why I Took A Break



I promise this will be a short post just to share briefly on what has been going on with my life and why I had to take a hiatus from blogging for several months. 

Work had a death like grip on me throughout the entirety of last year to the point where I was miserable each day. I was living in unease and exhaustion everyday from working, worrying about keeping an eye out on my back, dealing with the majority of the people I worked with, and trying to have a life outside of work. I could no longer separate work from my personal life and it affected me on a deeper level that I could imagine. Never have I had a job where I was not only exhausted physically but mentally from trying to protect myself in my work space. 

I had no time for writing at all nor did I have time for reading. It was purely work and go home and do chores and cook, pick up around the house and that’s it. I usually only had one day off a week and worked splits the rest. I was able to manage it but in time I couldn’t help but feel my mental state shattering. I felt my mind screaming for a way to get out and be free. I couldn’t find no motivation to begin to write again no matter how hard I’ve tried. Deep down, I knew writing could save me but I couldn’t grasp it at the time that was the most painful thing for me to endure. To know that the one thing that could pull me out of my bind was the one thing that didn’t spark anything for me. 

I knew that wasn’t good for me to make me lose myself and my passion to work. But that dark time has now passed. I have grown a lot and learned a lot and will strive to do my best.


Comments

Popular Posts