Sincere Apologies To My Dad


I have a job now and may be considered a horrible daughter today, until my mom reminded me that since I have a job, my first check should go to my father. Tell him that I have the ability and power to make a living on my own and help lift the burden from my mom's shoulders.

I never received the fatherly love I needed for too many years that I can no longer recall. My mother has done an amazing job of trying to be both to me though failing miserably in some ways. She was too stern, too unemotional---too stressed to ever put in real love for me. However, what I can say with my head held high and proudly is that--I never stopped loving my father and there was never a day that I didn't think of him. He was there spiritually in his own way. His voice always echoed in times of indecision and there were always words of encouragement.

I will give my first check to my father. Because I will never forget how many times, I stood in front of his grave and wished that he would help me find a job and I would repay my mother and him with what I earn. I am not a good daughter. I am really not because if she didn't remind me, I wouldn't have remembered this promise. I will buy the best flowers and food and make sure to thank him and ask for forgiveness for my loss in my word and promise.

I can finally tell him that he doesn't have to worry anymore about us. I will grit my teeth and work hard at this job I have. I'll have a death grip on it and do my best. I'll repay my mother for all she'd done all these years in place of my father and her sacrifice. I love you dad, and I will never forget those who took care of me in your place all these years. I will repay them because I owe them and so do you for leaving so soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catana Comics Is Too Surreal

Amazon, Whole Foods, Online Versus Physically Going Out To Purchase

American Food Versus Asian Food